Thursday 19 March 2009

Sowing Seeds


This week I have sown Leeks (Edison) in a seed tray in the sun outside. On the windowsill I have planted Butternut Squash (from a supermarket vegetable), Runner Beans (my own seed), Nasturtium (Tom Thumb), Sweet Basil (out of date seed packet), Cabbage (Vertus, Savoy), Squash(Sweet Lightning), Chives (own seed, which I inadvertently mixed with the cabbage).

Today I spent an hour weeding our Asparagus bed. I planted 6 crowns 2 or 3 years ago, they have not been a great success as the weeds keep encroaching. A particular problem are Couch grass and Dandelions, both very invasive underground. Last year my mum put in some hard work and found four of the crowns but I am not optimistic that we will seeing any this year and certainly nothing to eat.

An unusual blog is to be found at Martian Views, very varied postings!

No comments:

Post a Comment