Saturday 6 March 2010

Getting Started 2010

Two trips to the allotment this week. I dug over some of where my new potatoes will be going when I harvested some more Parsnips and Leeks. The leeks are a little small so this year I need to plant them earlier.

Today we went up and moved some black plastic on to a large and somewhat woody compost heap. Then we started digging where I plan to grow two varieties of onions. Red onions [ Hyred] and White Onions [Stuttgarter(Stanfield)]. I have my first earlies [Home Guard] chitting on the windowsill and my maincrop [Valor] still in the dark.

Thomas is being paid to get a coat of fenceguard on the shed and R is doing more digging as I sit and write this. R finds it absurd that they are installing a composting toilet at the allotments - currently a shed on stilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment