Sunday 1 June 2014

Last of the planting completed, where does the time go?

Friday we planted the courgette plants(4), cucumber plants(2), squash plants (4) - 2 still at home. The week before I planted two pepper plants that I got from B&Q. They looked quite healthy. These are all in the bottom patch near the strawberries (the one's from my mum).

The patch where we planted peas, the compost heap exposed this year, was overrun with weeds. The carrots which I thought successful - disappeared. So we raked it over, bought and planted some plants

Sweet potato
4 dwarf beans - white/yellow
3 chilli pepper plants
A number of sugar sap pea plants against the net.
12 lettuce - Cos I believe
A row of carrots between the lettuces

At the top of the allotment by the leaking tap I have my runner beans which I planted directly in the soil, out of 16 planted there are 4 sturdy plants.  I put new seeds in where there were poles with no bean.

Round the 1st two squash I planted the Beetroot I seeded in a deep meat tray, they weren't very big and they didn't grow much so I thought they would be better in the ground.  I also planted a row after the second pair of squash.

The strawberry plants are looking healthy with a number of strawberries so we netted them. I have not netted the red currants or the black currants but probably should do that next time I am up there as the birds will eat them before they are ripe. The potatoes look healthy as do the onions, R is keeping on top of the weeding.  The Jerusalem artichokes are coming up at the bottom next to the shed.  I did sow some Echinops there but I have no idea what they look like so not sure if many have come up.  I do have some attractive poppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment