Tuesday 2 April 2013

2013 - Trying to get motivated

After last year I am finding it hard to be enthusiastic about the allotment. Enter R, who doesn't seem to have taken to heart last year's dismal results but has taken on the challenge of doing better this year. He has been up digging several times on his own when I just felt too tired. Now we have spent Easter weekend repairing the shed, painting it and planting the potatoes. Previously I had sown some parsnips, beetroot and carrots, not sure of varieties.

First Earlies : Pentland Javelin 39 tubers
Maincrop : Isle of Jura 33 tubers
Parsnips : White King 2 mini rows
Radish : Cherry Belle interspersed in parsnips
Beetroot : Boltardy. 1/2 mini row
Carrots : Long Surrey 1/2 mini row

When I take my camera to the allotment I will post pictures, the shed is very bright and cheerful.

I have just looked at someone else's blog with a recipe for Gooseberry tart, it sounded fantastic and I can't wait for my gooseberry bush to produce this year so I can try it. Whoever it was thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment