Sunday 7 April 2013

Is it Spring?

Finally the weather feels just a pinch warmer. R and I got our red onions in. Six rows in total, I tried to keep them shallow. We knelt on a plank when planting to try and keep the soil loose. Still the golden onions to plant, and finding a space for them as we used more than half that set aside for onions.

Red Onions : Red Baron

Earlier (Saturday) R got his mower out and mowed for the first time this year, also strimmed the edges while I weeded a rather desperate looking strawberry patch. The wet and snowy winter has left the plants almost non-existent in both areas. The original patch needs weeding further. The new patch with plants my mum gave me has lost 50% of the plants as far as I can see.


Refurbished Shed (no window anymore)



From the shed - R mowing
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment